°¶May 9. Invited lecture at the Departmental Seminar, Department of Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Engineering, Osaka University, °»From Fullerenes to Nanodiamond,°… 60 min, E. Osawa.
°¶May 22. Plenary lecture at the Graphene Mini-Symposium. CSIRO, Clayton, Melbourne, Australia, °»Graphite Oxide Hypothesis as the Surface Structure of Detonation Nanodiamond,°… 60 min, E. Osawa.
°¶May 25. Lecturer in the 6th Tianfu Venture Forum organized by High-tec Park Innovation Centre, Chengdu, Sichuan, China, °»Recent Trends in Carbon Nanotechnology,°… 2 h, E. Osawa.
°¶May 28. Osawa elected as an organizing committee member for the Annual Conference on Recent Progress in Graphene Research 2013 (RPGR 2013) to be held in Tokyo, 2013.
NCRI R&D ACTIVITIES
One paper published:
°»Formation Mechanism of C60 under Nonequilibrium and Irreversible Conditions — An Annotation,°… Eiji Ōsawa, Fullerenes, Nanotubes and Carbon Nanostructures, 2012, 20, 299-309.pdf can be downloaded from°ń
°¶April 1. Optimization of disintegration process of agglutinates is completed and the new process adopted to the production.
Major improvements are as follows:
* Particle-size decreased from 4.8°ř0.7 nm to 3.7°ř0.6 nm.
* Contamination with ZrO2 reached negligible level of 3ppm.
°¶April 10-13. Participated in Symposium FF
°»Nanodiamond Particles and Related Materials-From Basic Science to Applications,°… 2012 MRS Spring Meeting,
MATERIALS RESEARCH SOCIETY, Moscone Convention Center, San Francisco.
* Osawa elected as an organizing committee member and cooperated with other members.
* Invited four special lecturers from Japan:
°¶Professor Yosuke Yoshinari° Institute for Integrated Cell-Material Science, Kyoto University°ň
°¶Professor Stephan Irle (Department of Chemistry, Nagoya University)
°¶Professor S. Mori° Department of Applied Chemistry, Iwate University°ň
°¶Dr. H. Omori° RIKEN°ň
* Sponsoring° together with other three companies of Japan: ITAC Ltd°ĘBravus Japan°ĘToyohashi Plating Co.°ň
* Presentation on NCRI in ROUND TABLE, °∆Commercial perspectives and concerns regarding nanodiamond particles°«.
* General lecture, Abstract No. FF7.2, °∆Primary Particles of Detonation Nanodiamond – Dispersion and Purification°«
⃝E. Ōsawa, S. Sasaki, V. Korepanov, R. Yamanoi